One Ball Jay 6 Inch Scraper
Availability : In-Stock
6 inch long waxing scraper is made from 3mm thick high grade acrylic producing a super sharp edge. Acrylic is a better material than simple plastic because of the ability to get and hold a sharp edge. If the edge gets built up with wax or starts to feel dull run it across a steel file or some sand paper to sharpen it back up. Notched corner allows for easy cleaning of wax off your steel edges.
One Ball Jay 6 Inch Scraper Features & Specifications:
- Size: 6" x 2.75" X 3mm
- Design: Excellent for all snowboards and skis
- Select correct temperature specific wax by checking mountain conditions/snow report...(actual snow temperature, not air).
- Press wax on the iron and distribute small drips of wax over the entire base. DO NOT ALLOW IRON TO SMOKE!
- With iron in hand, slowly pull the iron over the wax drips smoothing them into a sheet of wax that covers the entire base tip to tail.
- Let the wax cool 10-15 minutes, then scrape with a sharp plastic scraper.
- DO NOT USE a steel scraper.
- Scrape from the tip to the tail. Use the widest edge.
- After scraping use a wax brush or fiber pad to remove excess wax from base. Brush from tip to the tail. This allows your base to glide fast.