Dakine '96 Heli Pack 16L Backpack
Availability : In-Stock
Like the original, but better.
In 1996, Dakine delivered a design that shaped how we carry gear in the backcountry—a low-volume pack with vertical board carry, diagonal ski carry, and an ice-axe loop was the first of its kind. A quarter-century later, the 96 Heli Pack injects modern materials and technology into a sleek pack with a retro look. Snow tool sleeves in the main compartment keep your shovel and probe at the ready, a large fleece-lined goggle pocket ensures lenses are scratch-free, and an internal sleeve neatly holds a hydration bladder or a laptop, depending on the day.
Dakine '96 Heli Pack 16L Backpack Features & Specifications:
- Vertical snowboard carry
- Diagonal ski carry
- Snow tool sleeves in main compartment
- Large fleece lined goggle pocket
- External quick-stash pocket
- Hydration / Laptop sleeve fits most 15 laptops
- Ice axe loop
- 38mm padded hip belt
- Rescue whistle on sternum strap
- Volume: 16L
- Volume Range: Small (up to 21L)
- Dimensions: 976 cubic inches [ 16L ]|21 x 12 x 5 [ 53 x 30.5 x 13cm ]|2.0 lbs [ 1kg ]
- MUSTARD MOSS: 600D Recycled Polyester ripstop with water repellent finish, bluesign® approved materials.
Care Instructions: If your Dakine bag gets dirty, we recommend hand washing with mild soap (like Nikwax Tech Wash), cold water and a soft bristle brush. If hand washing is not going to do the trick, use a front loader washing machine. To ensure your backpack doesn't get tangled, place inside a pillowcase or mesh bag before washing. Always use cold water, mild soap and run on a gentle cycle. Never bleach your pack. Hang to dry in a warm but shady place, ensuring both inside and out are dry before storing.