Giro Zone MIPS Winter Helmet
Availability : In-Stock
The perfect blend.
From its hybrid construction to its advanced ventilation, the Zone™ MIPS® is the ultimate freestyle-focused helmet that's ready to accompany your progression.
The Zone MIPS® features innovative Hybrid Construction, which combines the ding-resistant durability of a Hard Shell upper with the lighter weight of In-Mold Construction lower and sidewalls. The Zone MIPS is packed with amenities including the In Form 2 Fit System; a quick-fit Vertical Tuning adjustment system for proper helmet positioning; MIPS technology; fully adjustable venting; Fidlock magnetic buckle closure; and a sleek, integrated POV camera mount.
Giro Zone MIPS Winter Helmet Features:
- MIPS® — Multi-Directional Impact Protection System (MIPS®) is a step forward in helmet design. There are three main components to a MIPS-equipped helmet: the interior foam liner, the Low Friction Liner and an elastomeric attachment system between them. In an angled impact, the elastomeric attachment system stretches to allow the foam liner to rotate independently around your head. The goal of this technology is to further reduce rotational forces.
- THERMOSTAT CONTROL™ — Thermostat Control Adjustable Venting allows you to custom-tune airflow instantly with a simple, low profile control button on the outside of the helmet. No other system is faster or easier to adjust, and nothing is more effective at keeping you comfortable.
- HYBRID CONSTRUCTION — Hybrid Construction merges a durable ventilated Hard Shell upper with an In-Mold Construction lower shell plus sidewalls for added protection and style. With Hybrid Construction the helmet is beefed up for added durability while remaining lightweight. Hybrid Construction also features an impact-absorbing and lightweight EPS foam liner.
- IN FORM™ 2 FIT SYSTEM — The In Form 2 Fit System is lighter and lower-profile than the original, and easier to dial in a custom fit in seconds - even with gloves on. An improved dial design provides up to 6cm of adjustment plus enhanced stability.
- STACK VENT™ TECHNOLOGY — Our Stack Vent was developed based on research showing the majority of warm air that can cause fogging comes from the goggle's center top vent. Aligning the Stack Vent in the helmet with the center vent of the goggle helps keep it clear and fog-free.
- FIDLOCK MAGNETIC BUCKLE CLOSURE — The pinch-free one-handed Fidlock® magnetic snap helmet buckle combines the advantages of two fastening concepts in a completely new way: Strong magnets make it easy to open and close, while a secure snap functionality ensures a continuous locking force.
- P.O.V. CAMERA MOUNT — Our integrated POV camera mounting system is stealth, secure and super-easy to operate, allowing you to instantly deploy your POV camera for filming or quickly pop it off and stash it.
- POLARTEC® POWER GRID™ PADDING — Polartec® Power Grid™ has been engineered to be close to skin, so it offers an exceptional comfort and feel thanks to its bi-component knit construction that uses different yarns to create two different surfaces - one that is optimized to move moisture away from the skin, the other to dry quickly. And to enhance the ride even more, Polartec Power Grid fabric includes a Silver Salt (Salt Chloride) that inhibits the growth of odors.
- SEAMLESS COMPATIBILITY — For optimal performance of both helmets and goggles, Giro products are designed to work together, ensuring a seamless interface between helmet and goggle for an exceptional fit and dependable, worry-free function
Giro Zone MIPS Winter Helmet Specifications:
- Shell Type: Hybrid Construction
- Interior/Liner Type: XT2 anti-odor padding - Pure silver is the secret ingredient that gives XT2 the power to provide natural, permanent anti-odor protection to keep your helmet feeling and smelling fresh
- Ventilation Type: Thermostat Control adjustable venting allows you to custom-tune airflow instantly with a simple, low-profile control button on the outside of the helmet
- Ventilation Type: Stack Vent™ Technology
- Construction: Low-profile design
- Fit System: The In Form™ 2 Fit System is lighter and lower profile than the original, making it even easier to dial in a custom fit in seconds - even with gloves on. The updated On-the-fly Vertical Tuning feature accommodates different goggles and head shapes for a custom fit free of gaper gap.
- Retention System: Fidlock Magnetic buckle closure
- Electronics Compatibility: Integrated P.O.V. camera mount